As a Commission, we believed that local services and local accountability matter. That is why we started our work by asking for your views about what happens now, and what the future might be.
We were interested in finding out about a range of issues, including:
- Do you think that decisions about local issues and services are local enough?
- How important do you think it is for locally elected people to be responsible for local services?
- How well are local priorities part of how national and local government works at the moment?
- What do you think should be done to strengthen local democratic decision making?
- Has there been enough discussion about local democracy in the debate about Scotland’s future?
- Do you have any concerns about strengthening local democracy?
We explored these ideas in a variety of ways. The main components of this work included:
The Commission has made all of this information public through its website. You can find out more information by selecting any of the links above.